Holy Rosary Church, Lawrence, Massachusetts
35 Essex Street, Lawrence
Holy Rosary Church erected in 1909 by Italian immigrants at the intersection of Union Street and Essex Street.
Corpus Christi Parish at Holy Rosary Church was
established by the Archdiocese of Boston in 2004 as
a territorial parish in the City of Lawrence,
composed of four national parishes:
The parish also has roots in the Hispanic community
which first gathered at Holy Rosary Parish in the
- St. Francis (Lithuanian) established in 1903
- Holy Rosary (Italian) established in 1904
- Holy Trinity (Polish) established in 1905
- Sts. Peter & Paul (Portuguese) established in 1907
St. Rita Sodality. St. Rita Sodality was started on 1 January 1927 by 10 women. The group in 2002 boasted a membership of 705 women,
ranging in age from 30 to 80 years and a governing body of 50 women and was the largest sodality in the Archdiocese of Boston. The Sodality publishes the St. Rita Sodality Cookbook.
St. Alfio Society, Inc. Founded 16 or 22 December 1921, the membership of the Society was not only primarily Sicilian, but also heavily represented by those Sicilians from Trecastagni. The Society is the organizer of The Feast of the Three Saints, the brothers Alfio, Filadelfo and Cirino, martyred in the year 253.
It happened at Holy Rosary